Terms and conditions of use
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) help to keep the Anime-On-Line website a safe place to trade and set out the full extent of any agreement reached between you and MVM trading as Anime-On-Line in connection with the Anime-On-Line website (“the Site”). You should understand that by placing an order, you accept the following terms and conditions:
- The owner of this web site is MVM trading as Anime-On-Line whose address is MVM, 1st Floor Bensons Court, St. Mary's Arcade, Chepstow. Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Anime-On-Line, and you undertake that any and all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and Anime-On-Line unless and until Anime-On-Line accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time Anime-On-Line sends the e-mail to you (whether or not you receive that e-mail). This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by Anime-On-Line of your offer to buy goods from Anime-On-Line.
- This confirmatory e-mail will contain all relevant statutory information concerning your contract.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and you should print out and keep a copy of it.
- Anime-On-Line will not pass on your personal or credit or debit card details to any third party. We shall be entitled to process your data in accordance with the terms of our . Please view this document for further information.
- You undertake that all details you provide to Anime-On-Line for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- You must choose a username and password on completion of registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and shall only use the Site under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If it is compromised, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Anime-On-Line as soon as possible.
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a right to cancel your order within 7 days, for a full refund. This does not apply to items personalised or made to your specification; audio/video/dvd recordings or software that you have unsealed;items such as earrings that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons.
- Once Anime-On-Line receive notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited to Anime-On-Line from your credit card in relation to your order will be re-credited to that credit card account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by Anime-On-Line in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to Anime-On-Line.
- Anime-On-Line reserves the right to make a 15% restocking charge for any goods which are not returned in mint condition or to refuse to accept such goods, at its sole discretion. Anime-On-Line also reserves the right to make a charge for collecting goods from your premises in circumstances where they are not defective but you have cancelled your order. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Anime-On-Line reserves the right to make a 15% restocking charge for any goods which are returned by any customer identified as a 'trader', 'retailer' or 'on-seller' having made multiple unit purchases of 'special offers' or price reduced items.
- Anime-On-Line does not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and omissions and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the Site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these Terms.
- Anime-On-Line will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as possible after being notified of them.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Anime-On-Line is providing this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no (and expressly disclaims all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this site or the information, content, materials or products included in this site including without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Anime-On-Line does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete or current.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form, Anime-On-Line shall, at its own option, make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question PROVIDED THAT you notify Anime-On-Line of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation e-mail within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. NOTHING IN THIS CLAUSE AFFECTS YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS.
- You and Anime-On-Line will only be liable under these Terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- The products sold on the Site are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, Anime-On-Line do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from Anime-On-Line.
Processing of orders
- For orders placed on Anime-On-Line using the site's secure payment portal, credit and debit cards are debited immediately. Any items ordered that cannot be supplied will be refunded to the original card used.
- For orders placed by post or telephone, credit and debit cards are debited on the day of shipping by Anime-On-Line. Any item ordered that cannot be supplied will not be charged for.
- All prices include sales taxes (where applicable) unless otherwise stated.
- Anime-On-Line aims to arrange shipment of all in stock items within 5 days of receiving your order. Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers. Some items may be unavailable. Anime-On-Line are not able to supply dates our suppliers may get an item in stock. For more information read our .
- The period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order and stated in the Order Confirmation. Please note that your goods may be sent to you in instalments. You may cancel your entire order with us if subsequent instalments forming part of your order are not delivered by us.
- Title to any product ordered will pass to you once Anime-On-Line has received payment in full for that product. Risk in any product ordered will pass upon delivery to you.
- If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country; Anime-On-Line advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information.
- Please note that when shipping products internationally, you should be aware that cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order by the 10th December. We will endeavour to dispatch all 'In stock' orders within 5 days, however we cannot guarantee delivery on or before the 24th December as the post may be delayed in your area.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
- In these Terms, “Intellectual Property Rights” means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
- Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, Anime-On-Line reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of Anime-On-Line and its affiliates' trade marks, trade and business names and service marks under this Agreement will vest in Anime-On-Line and its affiliates, as appropriate.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Anime-On-Line tracks the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on Anime-On-Line to enable us and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on our website.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:-
(i) you fail to make any payment to us when due;
(ii) you breach the terms of this Agreement (repeatedly or otherwise);
(iii) when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity;
(iv) we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site.
- Anime-On-Line may amend these Terms from time to time, and place the new version on the Site. When Anime-On-Line do so, it will mention the fact on our home page (www.anime-on-line.com). For users purchasing goods or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms Otherwise, such changes will be effective against existing users thirty days following posting of the amended version on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following Anime-On-Line’s posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to any changes to these Terms, then your only remedy is to cease using the Site.
- These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between Anime-On-Line and you relating to your purchase. Anime-On-Line advises that you print off and keep safe a copy of these terms and conditions once your order has been accepted by Anime-On-Line. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with Anime-On-Line. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.